Edited by Lori S. Nelson, Andrew J. Roth, and Yesne Alici.
Pirl Sections describing problems unique to each type of cancer aid clinicians in tailoring their approach to a particular case. Practical pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions outline treatment options and indicate when a referral to a psychiatrist, therapist or other resource may be needed. Order Online.
Psychosocial Care for Children with Cancer - HealthWell Foundation
Includes information relevant for adolescents and survivors transitioning to adult care. Roth, and Yesne Alici Sections describing problems unique to each type of cancer aid clinicians in tailoring their approach to a particular case. Chapters cover a wide range of topics including screening tools and interventions, psychiatric emergencies and disorders, physical symptom management, communication issues, and issues specific to common cancer sites.
- Change Password?
- Geriatric Psycho-Oncology: A Quick Reference on the Psychosocial Dimensions - Google книги?
- Chemical Warfare Agents: Chemistry, Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics (2nd Edition).
- Wrong document context!;
- Annual Reports on NMR Spectroscopy, Vol. 28;
- RAND and the Information Evolution: A History in Essays and Vignettes?
A resource section is appended to provide information on national services and programs. This book features contributions from experts designed to help clinicians review, anticipate and respond to emotional issues that often arise in the context of treating cancer patients. Numerous cross-references and succinct tables and figures make this concise reference easy to use.
See a Problem?
Psycho-Oncology is an ideal resource for helping oncologists and nurses recognize when it may be best to refer patients to their mental health colleagues and for those who are establishing or adding psychosocial components to existing clinics. Overall, this book meets its goal; as a pocket-sized reference to psychosocial problems in cancer care. It is full of tables and lists, which ensure the information is accessible.
It provides a sound basis for assessing and treating the more obvious or severe psychological problems. I think this book would be useful to anyone who works in oncology and palliative care. Help Centre.
Track My Order. My Wishlist Sign In Join.
Search health topics
Greenberg Editor , Mary K. Hughes Editor , Jon A. Levenson Editor. Be the first to write a review.
Psychosocial Care for Children with Cancer
Add to Wishlist. Ships in 10 to 15 business days. Link Either by signing into your account or linking your membership details before your order is placed. Description Table of Contents Product Details Click on the cover image above to read some pages of this book! Industry Reviews Overall, this book meets its goal; as a pocket-sized reference to psychosocial problems in cancer care.
- Reference Handbooks.
- Benefits of psychosocial oncology care: Improved quality of life and medical cost offset.
- Visual C# 2005 Demystified;
- Pediatric Psycho-Oncology: A Quick Reference on the Psychosocial Dimensions - Google книги.
Section I. Screening and Interventions 1. Screening Instruments 2. Pharmacological Interventions 3. Psychiatric Emergencies and Disorders 4.
Psychiatric Emergencies 5. Anxiety Disorders 6. Mood Disorders 7. Cognitive Disorders 8.
- Psycho-Oncology: A Quick Reference on the Psychosocial Dimensions of Cancer - Google книги;
- Join Kobo & start eReading today.
- Hogfather (Discworld, Book 20) (UK Edition).
- Lectures on quantum probability.
- Shifting Boundaries of the Firm: Japanese Company - Japanese Labour.
- An Introduction to Data Base Systems.
Substance Abuse 9. Physical Symptom Management